For the past few weeks, we’ve seen police brutality, innocent lives that have been taken and even more hatred in the world brewing everyday. I’ll be honest, it has been a breath of fresh air to hear of so many #blacklivesmatter supporters spreading the world of the importance of supporting black owned businesses. I’ve seen a few lists circling around from news articles and social media, but I thought it would be neat to keep adding to the lists. Below, you’ll find my top 11 gems including restaurants, clothing stores, online jewelry shops and more that you should support especially more now than ever.
- Hank’s Ice Cream-9 291 S Main St, Houston, TX 77025
- Burn’s BBQ-8307 1/2 De Priest St, Houston, TX 77088
- Turkey Leg Hut-4830 Almeda Rd, Houston, TX 77004
- Snatched Eyebrows- @snatchedbrowshouston (Instagram)-440 Benmar Dr #2002, Houston, TX 77060
- The Dog House: @Bestdamnhotdogs (Instagram) Located at 4213 Bastrop, Houston, TX
- Personal Chef- @J_lanaeontheway (Instagram)
- Laurenalleynejewelry.com (Online)
- Social Media Agency- @Socialbossempire (Instagram)
- Candles- CreteCandles & @cretecandles (Instagram)
- Inherit Jewelry-Super cute earrings!
There are a TON of other black owned businesses out there, so don’t limit yourself to this list…EXPLORE! It’s time that we show love and support to the people and businesses in underserved communities. Even though business is business and purchases pay the bills, keep in mind that support doesn’t have to be monetary. Spread awareness of these businesses to your family, friends and on your social platforms. It could really make a difference for a business in need. Is there a black business owner that you know that should be featured on the blog? Shoot me an email at KaraWillis@Thekspot.org. I’d love to get in touch with them!